Where do I park?
- Parking is located at the entrance to Camp. You may drive into Camp for check-in and to drop your belongings. Please then return your car to the parking lot. Help us accommodate everyone by carpooling or using super shuttle to get to Camp.
How do I know what cabin I’m staying in?
- We will make cabin assignments. You will be in cabins with your friends and family… and maybe a stranger or two. Don’t worry everyone we know is the nicest person you will ever meet. You can email us with a list of up to 12 people if you have a group you’d like to bunk with.
What should I bring/wear?
- Sleeping bag or sheets and blankets, pillow, towel, shoes and clothes for activities like ropes course and Gaga ball, fancy clothes for the wedding day (fancy is at your own discretion, we know you want to be comfortable amidst the dirt and trees), flash light, full power thingys for charging electronics away from outlets, sunglasses, sun screen, water bottle, warm clothes for after sundown, folding chair if you’d like to take your leisure anywhere throughout Camp.
Are there bugs?
- Seems like no, but bring bug spray just in case
What will the weather be like?
- Current weather conditions: https://weather.com/weather/tenday/l/Angelus+Oaks+CA+92305:4:US
- Predicted weather for September: http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/angelus-oaks-ca/92305/september-weather/2167934
- Remember that we are at 6500 ft, it gets chilly at night, we will be outdoors for both the wedding ceremony and reception.
Will there be swimming?
- Pool and lake access will be closed
What is there to do?
- Camp Activities!
- Hiking- there is a trail head across the road from Camp
- Hang out on the deck
Do cell phones work? Is there WiFi?
- Phones- yes, reception is good for Verizon and spotty for Sprint, we’re not sure about the other carriers. You may just have to live without your phone for a few days… Gasp
- Wifi- nope
Where can I charge my plethora of electronic devices?
- The Mess Hall has outlets, we will put a power strip out for communal use
- Bring charged-up portable power sources
How delicious is this Camp food?
- We haven’t tried it, but it’s probably amazing. The Camp chef also works for Disney, he designed the menu for Ralph Brennan’s Jazz Kitchen in Downtown Disney… So, at the very least we won’t die of starvation.
What’s up with drinks?
- Non-alcoholic drinks: Lemonade, iced tea, and flavored water machines are located in the Mess Hall. Coffee will be brewed daily. Juice and soda will be available in the canoe at the wedding reception.
- Alcohol: Beer and wine will be provided on Saturday evening. Friday night campfire is BYO. If you would like to drink liquor, feel free to bring your favorite.
- Drinking is not allowed in cabins. Please take your beverages with you to enjoy throughout camp. There will be a community bar table on the Mess Hall deck where you can place your beverage supplies.
Can I frolic in the Meadow?
- Nope. Not even a little.
Where can I smoke?
- If it requires fire to light: No where on the premiss, and no where in the parking lot. Instead, you can drive your car off-site and sit in it with the windows up. However, E-cigarettes are permitted in Camp, just not anywhere indoors.
Is there Wedding Camp swag?
- Why yes, there is. Visit our Zazzle shop to find Camp merch.
What is this GAGA BALL thing that James is all crazy excited for?
- GaGa is a dodgeball game played in an octagon. Camp Round Meadow has an octagon. If you want to make james giggle like a kid, play some Gaga. Read More About it Here
Have more questions?
- Contact Ginny and James at: firstname.lastname@example.org